Monday, May 26, 2008

WITNM (part next): Published authors who blog...

"If you are just about to publish a book or have just published a book, you need a blog."--wise woman who helps authors publish books

A blog is a way to get the word out. A way to make connections with others. A way to create buzz. A way to get grassroots support.

I really was clueless about all of this until I was contacted by someone who regularly read my blog who was also a friend of Jenny Gardiner. She wrote that Jenny had just written the book, "Sleeping with Ward Cleaver" whose title reminded her of my June Cleaver Nirvana title. She put the two of us in touch.

Jenny suggested that we could do a book give away on my blog for her new book. I read the book. Fell in love. Said yes. And it was done.

In the process, I started really liking Jenny. She is funny and has a bunch of kids. So I started stalking following her writing. She posts weekly on two blogs and does guest spots on others. The main one is The Debutante Ball which is a blog for women authors. It is a fun read.

We email back and forth on a regular basis. I have made a friend that I never would have met otherwise. We are trying to figure out how to convince her publisher into a Texas book signing...

No comments: